Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hitman


I have been a big fan of the Hitman games for several years now and when the first trailer came out I was excited but doubtful at the same time. A year ago some friends and I watched the first 10 minutes of the movie...we were all disappointed and turned it off instantly. I remember saying "This is NOT Hitman"....and it isn't.
I gave the movie another shot, but this time I put it in my mind that I would be watching an action movie with Timothy Olyphant(astic) nothing more...The movie is actually very entertaining, when you get it into your head that you are not watching a Hitman movie...and thats probably better seeing as Agent 47 never had a single expression making him a rather dull character to watch..but rather a simple action film with a guy who has a barcode tattoed on the back of his head.
The Plot: Agent 47 (Olyphant) hired by a group known only as 'The Agency' is ensnared in a political conspiracy, which finds him pursued by both Interpol and the Russian military as he treks across Eastern Europe.(From IMDB...I know I am very lazy)

The movie has cheesy shots and plot turns, but the action sequences and violence make up for it, surprisingly I found some scenes rather amusing and at the end of the film I was glad that I had given it another chance. This movie is definitely not a great film...but entertaining and if you need to kill a few hours or want a beer night movie you should consider this flick.

Just don't expect a Hitman movie

No comments:

Post a Comment