Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Extremely Dangerous Vinnie Jones


I love Vinnie Jones...always have, always will.... Although he usually stars in bullshit films I enjoy his screen presence and find him very amusing and to be honest very talented.... I think Vinnie Jones would make an excellent Hamlet. Anyway due to Vinnies name being attached to the film watching 'Midnight Meat Train' was a no-brainer, I mean Vinnie Jones as a serial killer in a suit = Excellence.
After seeing this film however, I can honestly not make up my mind if I like it or not.

The film follows Leon (played by Bradley Cooper, who we know as the asshole in Wedding Crashers) a struggling photographer who begins his own investigation into dissapearences which occur along a nightly train line.

The movie itself is well crafted (apart from some CGI blood which just looks ridiculous), it features some awesome shots and some very crafty camera work. There is a lot of gore which you should expect from a Clive Barker story and the movie is generally entertaining. I think my main problem with this film is the ridiculous ending, which sort of destroys the film for me. Basically you are entrigued as to where the bodies go and how Vinnie can do all this without ever getting caught....but the solution is just ridiculous. Unless you like Clive Barkers style of horror (Hellraiser) I think that you will agree on the stupidity of the ending with me.

Like so many other movies before....watch this movie with friends and beer and you will have a good time. Just don't expect a serious horror film.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty terrifying picture. I really do hope that is just make up. And not him playing up.

    ReplyDelete