Friday, May 22, 2009

Watch This!: The Company


I remember when I first heard about "The Good Shepard", a DeNiro directed C.I.A. epic. Sadly what we got was a 2 and something hour long film that just dragged to the finish. Luckily I discovered The Company, a tv mini series starring Michael Keaton (to name one), at a blockbuster.
The series begins in Berlin, the Iron Curtain is slowly closing and the C.I.A. is desperately trying to gain valuable information through contacts in East Berlin. From then on the show follows the C.I.A. and KGB through a 40 year period with the Cold War and the slow demise of the Soviet Union as a backdrop.
The show is what "The Good Shepard" should have been, well paced and entertaining from start to finish. The end lets you feel as if you have taken this 40 year journey with the characters.
The ensemble includes: Michael Keaton, Alfred Molina, Chris O"Donnell.
If you liked Band Of Brothers or you love espionage thrillers you will love this show.
WATCH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment